“Ending Back Pain and stiffness without taking- painkillers or having to see the GP”
The most common misconception about back pain is that it’s something that we just have to deal with, however this is not the case. Here at Pain Relief Limerick we see many people whose back pain presents in many different ways, with some of the familiar symptoms of back pain being:
- Lower back pain
- Buttock Pain
- Leg Pain
- Pins & Needles
- Loss of power or “heaviness” of the leg
- Difficulty bending and/or straightening
Get Your Free Guide to Help With Back Pain
What’s causing your back pain to last longer than it should?
Back pain is easily the most common complaint that people present to our clinic with. Many of the people we see have been suffering for weeks, months or even years. Quite often people are frustrated with how long their back pain has lasted and can’t understand why it hasn’t gone away by itself. These are some of the common reasons why your back pain hasn’t improved:
- You thought the pain would go away by itself, but it hasn’t.
- Your doctor prescribed you painkillers and advised you to rest – the painkillers soon stopped working or didn’t work at all and your back pain is still there.
- You tried some exercises you found online however, it has caused more pain and aggravation.
- You have been “resting” your back but end up feeling just as sore stiff if not worse after spending hours or days resting.
- You have seen other therapists, but you feel the advice or treatment they gave didn’t help or the effects weren’t long-lasting.
If any of these things sound familiar to you, we would love to help change your experience with back pain.
How can seeing a physical therapist help with my back pain?
- We carry out a thorough assessment to determine the source of your pain.
- Our hands-on treatments can relieve your pain and stiffness often within a few sessions and make moving more comfortable.
- We can give you expert advice on the exercises that will help you get the most benefit from your sessions with us.
- If your pain affects you at work, we can advise you on how to move better at work and reduce the effects that long days sitting at a desk have on your body.
- We can help make sitting and walking more comfortable for you.
- We can help get you back to enjoying life, no longer letting back pain get in the way of you enjoying time with family & friends.
- We can help you avoid painful injections and surgeries that require prolonged down-time.
For those of you who are nervous about seeing a physical therapist or are skeptical that we can help your back pain, we offer a free consultation. A free consultation will allow us to find out what’s causing your pain and allow you to decide if we can help you with no financial commitment.